A Short Course in Christian Living
WHAT IS CURSILLO?
(Kur-SEE’-yo) – Spanish word meaning “short course”
- an opportunity to grow in faith and in spirituality
- a deeper understanding of the teachings of Jesus and how we can serve Him.
- an experience of living and sharing with others in a loving and caring Christian community and realizing that this can be extended into our own environment
- a continuing community that gives support and encouragement empowering the renewed Christians to persevere in carrying out their Baptismal vows
- Cursillo includes a three-day weekend which begins on Thursday evening and concludes on Sunday. During these three days, talks are given by lay persons and clergy who have spent time working together carefully planning and preparing for the Weekend.
The weekend is an opportunity to meet clergy and laity who are seeking to strengthen their faith. It provides an opportunity through shared prayer, worship, study, fellowship, laughter, tears, and love to experience the reality of the gift of God’s love freely and unconditionally given.
Follow-up ministries such as small group and community gatherings help the participant to continue to grow and mature in faith.
For further information about Cursillo; Contact Nancy Douglas or Barbara Lauer